FAQ: What's Happening at the Tool Shed During the COVID-19 Pandemic
Below are answers to the most frequently asked questions regarding Tool Shed services during the COVID-19 pandemic
AUGUST 15, 2021 UPDATE
1. How can I get items from the Tool Shed during this time?
Shipped to your door
The Tool Shed is currently shipping products to our customers via US Postal Service. You may order products on our web site and have them shipped to you. Shipping is free for order totals of $50 or more.
Local Contactless Pickup Outside Our Store
We are also offering contactless local order pickups. Pickup service is available Monday-Saturday, noon-8pm, and Sunday from noon-5pm. Pickup is only available for pre-paid orders placed in advance online. See full pickup details in question #4 below.
Milwaukee has lifted some of its COVID restrictions for businesses. We have loosened some of our capacity restrictions, but have kept most other restrictions in place until certain criteria are met within the city of Milwaukee for COVID case rates and test positivity rates.
We still have restrictions in place for three reasons. First, COVID case numbers per 100,000 in Milwaukee have gone up dramatically and are in the "high/extreme transmission" range as of August 15. When the case load has dropped to "low" we will relax restrictions. Second, there are still a substantial number of people in our Milwaukee customer base who are not yet fully vaccinated, so we are allowing more time for the local vaccination rate to get a higher. Third, it is impossible for us to be able to verify who is vaccinated and who is not, so we will continue to require masks for the time being. Please be patient as we continue to base our store policies on local case numbers. Continued vigilance, even though we are all tired of masking, will help the case rate drop even faster!
Our Milwaukee storefront is open for in-person shopping, but with the following restrictions:
- Customers and staff must wear a mask or face covering over nose and mouth while inside the store,
- A maximum of 6 total shoppers will be allowed in the store at a time,
- Visitors must follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible,
- Groups larger than 2 are not allowed,
- Hand washing or the use of hand sanitizer is required upon entry to the store,
- Customers must follow any specific guidance from our staff regarding handling objects in the store, as well as physical distancing.
In addition to the above restrictions, we have implemented other changes to increase staff and customer safety, including:
- Adding a HEPA air filtration system to our storefront, which filters the air in our space 5 times per hour,
- Physical plexiglass barriers at checkout areas
- Increased cleaning and sanitation procedures
We ask that you please bring your own face mask or face covering whenever possible. We have limited face masks available for customers who do not have their own. We have a sink for hand washing, as well as hand sanitizer available upon entry.
If you choose to shop in-store, please help us maintain as safe a place as we can. The risks from COVID-19 are still a great concern, especially with the rise of the very contagious Delta variant! We serve a wide variety of customers, who come from all over southeast Wisconsin and beyond. Some of our customers, as well as our staff, are more at risk for illness than others, or live with people in their household who are more at risk if they happen to bring home the virus. Please be respectful of our staff, and of other customers in the store.
Please also be patient with our staff and with other customers. There may be wait times to get into the store due to physical limitations of our space. We may have to ask you to wait to shop in certain areas of the store. There may be limitations on the products we have on display. These are challenging times, and we are doing our best to provide smooth, friendly service in a vastly new landscape!
2. If I have an order shipped, how long will it take to get my order?
For many local customers, your order will often arrive the next day. For folks in other parts of the country, shipping may take 2-4 days, depending on your location.
When your order will ship depends on how early in the day it is placed. Orders placed before noon central time will usually ship out the same day. We ship orders Monday-Saturday, but not on Sundays.
You will receive a separate email from USPS.com or from Stamps.com with your tracking number and estimated date of arrival. Please check your spam folder or your promotions folder if you do not see your tracking number after your order has shipped.
3. Is your shipping discreet?
Packages will be discreet and will come in either a plain brown box or a U.S. Postal Service-issued box. The return address on the postal label will say "TTS SHIPPING DEPT" and our street address; the store name will not appear on the outside of the box. There is no indication on the outside of the box as to what you have ordered.
4. Can I pick up my order at your location?
Our local customers will have the option of picking up their online orders outside our Milwaukee location at a designated pickup table. This minimizes in-store crowding, wait times, and lines!
Pickup service is available Monday-Saturday, noon-8pm, and Sunday from noon-5pm. We are not able to process cash sales for pickup at this time. Pickup is only available for pre-paid orders placed in advance online. If you wish to make a cash sale, please use the in-store shopping option (with restrictions as listed in #1 above).
To use order pickup:
- Place your order at www.toolshedtoys.com and choose "order pickup" at checkout (you still need to enter your credit card's billing address to see the pickup option).
- Wait til you receive a follow-up email that says your items are ready for pickup (check your "promotions" and spam folders for this email).
- Call us when you arrive. Our number is 414-906-5304 (press "0" to skip the message and talk to a human).
- Give us your last name and order number over the phone to verify the order.
- We'll bring your order to the designated table in front of our store.
- Allow us to maintain at least six feet of space before picking up your order from the table.
- Please maintain physical distance as best you can when picking up your order from the table.
If you are unable to leave your car to pick up your order from the pickup table, please let us know so that we may bring your order to your car.
5. I’m trying to place an order on your web site, but there was an error that said the payment didn’t go through. What’s going on?
Most of the time when someone gets a payment error, it is because they have entered incorrect information into the billing address field during the checkout process. To fix the address issues so your payment can successfully be processed, follow instructions below.
HOW TO PLACE YOUR ORDER AGAIN AFTER A FAILED PAYMENT ATTEMPT
Return to the first step in the checkout process, where you enter address information. This may mean logging out of your session and starting again, or clearing your cart and starting over.
Once you are back to the start of the checkout process, the first/default address entry in our system is your BILLING address (the address that your credit card company has on record). If you want to ship to somewhere other than your billing address, you may choose a different "ship to" address during the checkout process. There should be a button you can select if you want to enter a different shipping address.
If the error persists even after correcting any address issues, then there may be a different reason for the payment decline, such as insufficient funds or other issues.
6. I am trying to place an order on my phone, but I'm not seeing a payment option. Help!
If possible, try to change the browser you are using to view our site. For example, if you are using Chrome, try Firefox or Safari instead. If this fails, try placing an order from a different device. If you are still having trouble, contact us and we can find another way to help!
7. What extra steps are you taking during this time to keep customers and staff safe?
In order to keep our staff and customers as safe as possible, we are requiring that masks or face coverings be worn over nose and mouth when inside the store. We are also requiring that staff and customers maintain physical distancing whenever possible inside the shop. In areas where physical distancing is impossible, such as our cash register area, we have installed physical barriers to help minimize risk.
We have added a HEPA air filtration unit to our storefront, which filters the air in our space 5 times per hour.
We are limiting the total number of shoppers in the store to a maximum of four at a time. We are not allowing groups of shoppers larger than two.
We are requiring that customers wash their hands or use hand sanitizer when shopping in the storefront.
We are cleaning our high touch areas and work surfaces frequently throughout the day. Frequent hand washing and proper hygiene practices (avoiding face touching, cleaning high-touch surfaces, wearing gloves as needed) are in in use when prepping and packing products.
The coronavirus pandemic is fluid and changing. We are working around the unique challenges of our space and the kind of work we do, and the needs of our employees and customers.
We will continue to update our web page and social media as additional details become available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We hope you and your loved ones are well!