Services During COVID-19
The Tool Shed's Services During COVID-19
OUR STOREFRONT IS OPEN WITH RESTRICTIONS
Our Milwaukee storefront is open for in-person shopping, but with the following restrictions:
- Customers and staff must wear a mask or face covering over nose and mouth while inside the store,
- A maximum of 4 total shoppers will be allowed in the store at a time,
- Visitors must follow physical distancing guidelines whenever possible,
- Groups larger than 2 are not allowed,
- Hand washing or the use of hand sanitizer is required upon entry to the store,
- Customers must follow any specific guidance from our staff regarding handling objects in the store, as well as physical distancing.
In addition to the above restrictions, we have implemented other changes to increase staff and customer safety, including:
- Adding a HEPA air filtration system to our storefront, which filters the air in our space 5 times per hour,
- Physical plexiglass barriers at checkout areas
- Increased cleaning and sanitation procedures
We ask that you please bring your own face mask or face covering whenever possible. We have limited face masks available for customers who do not have their own. We have a sink for hand washing, as well as hand sanitizer available upon entry.
We encourage customers to continue to use contactless pickup or to have your orders shipped to you whenever possible! We miss seeing your faces in the store, and we love serving you in person, but the threats of COVID-19 remain with us. If you are able to choose order pickup instead of shopping inside the store, we strongly encourage you to do so. This will help keep wait times down, and will help minimize risk to customers and staff.
If you do choose to shop in-store, please help us maintain as safe a place as we can. The risks from COVID-19 are still a great concern! We serve a wide variety of customers, who come from all over southeast Wisconsin and beyond. Some of our customers, as well as our staff, are more at risk for illness than others, or live with people in their household who are more at risk if they happen to bring home the virus. Please be respectful of our staff, and of other customers in the store.
Please also be patient with our staff and with other customers. There may be wait times to get into the store due to physical limitations of our space. We may have to ask you to wait to shop in certain areas of the store. There may be limitations on the products we have on display. These are challenging times, and we are doing our best to provide smooth, friendly service in a vastly new landscape!
CONTACTLESS ORDER PICKUP OPTION IS AVAILABLE
To minimize lines and crowding inside the store, our local customers have the option of picking up their online orders in front of our Milwaukee location at a designated pickup area.
Pickup is available during our regular hours. Rather than coming into the store, we will bring your order to the pickup area just outside our door. Pickup is only available for pre-paid orders placed in advance online or by phone.
To use order pickup:
- Place your order at www.toolshedtoys.com and choose "order pickup" at checkout (you still need to enter your credit card's billing address to see the pickup option).
- Wait until you receive a follow-up email that says your items are ready for pickup (check your "promotions" and spam folders for this email).
- Call us when you arrive. Our number is 414-906-5304 (press "0" to skip the message and talk to a human).
- Give us your last name and order number over the phone to verify the order.
- We'll bring your order to the designated table in front of our store.
- Allow us to maintain at least six feet of space before picking up your order from the table.
- Please wear a mask when picking up your order. We'll be wearing a mask when we bring your items to the table.
If you are unable to leave your car to pick up your order from the pickup table, please let us know so that we may bring your order to your car.
WE WILL SHIP ORDERS TO YOU
We ship online orders via US Postal Service. Shipping is free on domestic orders of $50 or more.
We tend to pack and prepare online orders very quickly-- often our Milwaukee-area customers who choose to have their orders shipped will see their items arrive the next day!
If you place your order earlier in the day (before noon central time), it is far more likely to be shipped out that same day. We ship by U.S. Postal Service. Local shipping in the Milwaukee area is typically 1 day. Orders typically take 2-3 days to reach most folks in other parts of the United States, depending on where you live. We ship orders Monday-Saturday, but not on Sundays or Postal holidays.
The coronavirus pandemic is fluid and changing. We are working around the unique challenges of our space and the kind of work we do, and the needs of our employees and customers.
We will continue to update our web page and social media as additional details become available.
If you have any questions about online orders, or if you need advice on product choices, please contact us via our web site's contact form. Someone from our team will get back to you as soon as we can.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this challenging time. We hope you and your loved ones are well!