Coping with Erectile Dysfunction
How to Regain Confidence and Enjoy Great Sex
by Michael E. Metz, Ph.D. and Barry W. McCarthy, Ph.D.
There seem to be no end to the "authoritative" explanations and "guaranteed" easy treatments for erectile dysfunction (ED). Since the so-called Viagra revolution, conventional wisdom holds that the problem can be fixed simply by taking a pill. The truth of the matter is, though, that ED is often a complex condition affected by physical, psychological, and relationship issues--and it's a problem shared by both a man and his partner. This book is the first ever to address this common problem using a comprehensive biological, psychological, and social approach. It offers a proven-effective program for regaining erectile function, building strong and intimate relationships, and having great sex.
With this book:
- Learn to separate the facts from the myths about ED
- Find out which medicines and medical treatments really work, and how to integrate them into your sexual relationship
- Understand and change the important personal and relationship features of your ED
- Team up with your partner to develop your own unique sexual style
- Avoid future sexual problems with an individualized relapse prevention plan
- Learn how to integrate medical, psychological, relationship, and lovemaking skills for great sex
"This book has been awarded The Association for Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies Self-Help Seal of Merit -- an award bestowed on outstanding self-help books that are consistent with cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) principles and that incorporate scientifically tested strategies for overcoming mental health difficulties. Used alone or in conjunction with therapy, our books offer powerful tools readers can use to jump-start changes in their lives."