Playing Well With Others
Playing Well With Others:
Your Field Guide to Discovering, Exploring and Navigating the Kink, Leather and BDSM Communities
by Lee Harrington and Mollena Williams
While plenty of other books explain how to give a spanking or tie a half-hitch, Playing Well With Others is the first book devoted to kink culture-- the munches, parties, leather bars, conferences, workshops, fetish nights, exploratoriums and all the other gatherings of kinksters that turn BDSM and leather from a bedroom predilection to a lifestyle and a community.
You'll learn to:
- Examine your own motivations, needs, wants and desires
- Ease your way into established communities
- Understand etiquette in different adventurous sex communities
- Familiarize yourself with the many types of events available to you
- Care for your relationships as you explore new territory
- Negotiate for play and aftercare
- Go back to the "world at large" without ruffling feathers
- …and, of course, answer the all-important question: What do you wear?!
The team of Harrington and Williams offers 30-plus years of experience in diverse kink communities: top, bottom and switch; gay, bi and straight; female, male and trans; white and POC. Both former titleholders and international educators, they are an unbeatable pair of "sexual sherpas" with an inimitable voice and a great deal of wisdom. Playing Well With Others is an unprecedented and essential guidebook for anyone who wants to explore or understand the "community" aspect of the kink lifestyle.