When Sex Hurts
A Woman's Guide to Banishing Sexual Pain
by Andrew Goldstein; Caroline Pukall; Irwin Goldstein
For the 20 million women who suffer from painful intercourse: the first book to address the multiple causes and the available treatments.
Painful sex, estimated to affect millions of women, is a condition that causes embarrassment and silence-- often going undiscussed or misdiagnosed; as many as 40 percent of women who suffer from it won't seek medical care. And most medical professionals are still in the dark when it comes to women's sexual pain. Now, three leading experts tackle the stereotypes, myths, and realities of sexual pain in this easy-to-understand, accessible guide that will help you get the help you need and deserve. Drs. Goldstein, Pukall, and Goldstein offer answers to your most pressing questions, as well as:
- Up-to-date information on the more than 20 causes of dyspareunia
- How to choose the right doctor, and how to interpret your doctor's lingo
- Valuable tips for understanding dyspareunia, and what can be done about it
- Why physical therapy is recommended for nearly every condition that contributes to sexual pain
- How to rebuild sexual intimacy once the pain is gone
Featuring ground-breaking research and stories from women who've also suffered-- and recovere-- When Sex Hurts provides all of the tools you need to stop hurting and start healing.