Women Share How Intimacy Changes as Life Changes
by Iris Krasnow
In the months following the publication of her most recent book, The Secret Lives of Wives, Krasnow addressed thousands of women, and she discovered that two subjects dominated her audiences' conversations: sex and change. Whether women are worried about marriage and divorce or illness and death, they're all asking: "How do I handle the shifts in my sexuality caused by these events?" Sex After... holds the answers to everything from regaining sexual confidence after childbirth and breast cancer to navigating the dating scene in senior communities.
The narrative is driven by real women's stories: raw, intimate, and, most importantly, true. Prescriptive, emancipating, and insightful, Sex After… addresses a range of circumstances, including what happens:
- When you or your spouse doesn't want sex anymore
- After cancer, amputation, PTSD, or another illness maims the body
- If you come out of the closet at middle age
- When your marriage is damaged by adultery
- If you're dating again after twenty-five years with the same sexual partner
- When your husband is addicted to Viagra
Filled with honest stories of carnal challenge and triumph from women of all backgrounds and life stages, Sex After... is Krasnow's signature take on Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask, during all of life's passages.