CLASS: Hot, Healthy Humiliation
Hot, Healthy Humiliation
with Dr. Liz Powell
Saturday, July 8, 8:30 pm
Are you worried that there's something wrong with you because you want someone to call you stupid, dirty or a slut? Find out how to have hotter, deeper scenes and feel better about it afterward! So many people struggle to make sense of how they can be so woke and yet still want such dirty things. Whether degradation for you is about being a filthy bitch, a dumb sissy, or a worthless piece of fuck meat you can also be a feminist, anti-racist, queer activist, or other Social Justice Warrior at the same time.
Join Dr. Liz Powell to explore the way to feel great about desires that seem troubling on the surface.
At the end of this two-hour class, you will:
- Know that what gets you going in a scene doesn’t have to change how you think about yourself.
- Learn how to provide good aftercare for both roles so that you can emerge from your play happy and enriched.
- Understand that it’s totally normal (and even best) to be into social justice if you’re into degradation play so that your play will be founded in healthy beliefs and practices, not in damaging ones.
- People who don’t find a way to feel good about their desires can spend years feeling guilty and ashamed. Don’t let that be you.
- Let go of your fears and shame now and start having the scenes you want!
Liz Powell is a psychologist and coach who helps people learn how to tap into their authentic selves to create relationships that make them feel worthy and deserving of love exactly how they are. She has presented at many conferences, including the American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists Annual Conference, CatalystCon, and Woodhull Sexual Freedom Summit. In addition, she has taught classes on relationship styles and sexual communication at venues such as SheBop in Portland, the San Francisco Armory (home of Kink.com), and Mission Control (the birthplace of Kinky Salon). Dr. Powell is also a decorated veteran with 5 years service as an Army Psychologist and one tour in Afghanistan. She is queer, non-monogamy, and kink-affirming in all of her work. Most of all, she delights in working with those who consider themselves queerdos, misfits, and badasses.
$20 per person.